- Sundays (Port Angeles) Regular Sunday dance. Scandinavian and ballroom dancing Sundays, 7–9 p.m. Scandia Hall at 131 W 5th St., Port Angeles, WA. Donations taken at the door. Info: Sandy or Paul, (360) 457-7035 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Mondays (Poulsbo) Scandinavian dance instruction at the Poulsbo Sons of Norway hall, 18891 Front St., Poulsbo. 7–9 p.m.; $3 per session; partners not required. First class of the season and party dance on September 19. Bring dance shoes, a willingness to have fun, and a treat to share. Questions: Julie at (360) 394-9698 or Laurel at (360) 876-8907.
- Mondays (Portland) Norske Runddansere Scandinavian Folkdance. We dance and teach couple and circle dances and lively mixers from all five Scandinavian countries. We meet at Scandinavian Heritage Foundation’s Nordia House at 8800 SW Oleson Rd., Portland, OR 97223. $4; first dance free, and free for students; $50 for annual membership. Everyone is welcome! Please bring separate indoor dancing shoes. Lessons every Monday, 7:30–8:30 p.m., fall–spring. Open request dance year-round. Info: Newgards, (503) 636-7509, email@example.com, or www.norskerunddansere.org.
- Wednesdays, (Burnaby, B.C.) Scandinavian dance. Weekly teaching & request dancing to recorded music, September–April, with time off around Christmas. Scandinavian Community Centre, 6540 Thomas St., 7:30–10 p.m., $8. Second Wednesdays are live music nights at an alternate location; see www.vcn.bc.ca/scandi for the venue and details. Info: Judith, (604) 526-4722 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 9/9 (Seattle) Scandinavian dance. Swedish Cultural Center, 1920 Dexter N., 8–10:30 p.m. Music bySkandia Kapell. Admission by donation; have lots of fun; donate to match!
- 9/10 (Clearview) NW Spelmannstämma. Workshops, 1–5:15 p.m., followed by potluck supper and evening dance.
- 9/11 (Seattle) Swedish Pancake Breakfast, 8 a.m.–1 p.m. One week late due to Labor Day. Live music by Nordic Reflections, Harold Nygard & Juanita Holmes, and TinnFelen, plus dancing and authen- tic Swedish pancakes, with ham and lingonberries. $9 for guests; $7 for Blue Card Club members; $5 for children ages 5–12. Stay afterward for genealogy in our lobby. Swedish Cultural Center, 1920 Dexter Ave N.
- 9/12 (Portland) Norske Runddansere Scandinavian Folk Dance Classes begin. $5 drop-ins; $60 annu- al membership. Nordia House, 8800 SW Oleson Road, Portland OR 97223. Every Monday. Warm- up, 7–7:30 p.m.; lesson, 7:30–8:30; open dance, 8:30–10. Basics, telegangar, mixers, pols, hambo, etc. Couple dances and lively mixers. No partner necessary, but please wear indoor low-heeled shoes with soft soles. Info: Jerry or Veronika New- gard, (503) 636-7509 or email@example.com. Website: www.norskerunddansere.org.
- 9/17 (Seattle) SFS “50 Years of Folk” festival, 11 a.m.–10 p.m., Phinney Neighborhood Center. Info: www.seafolklore.org.
- 9/24 (Lynnwood) Dances from Røros workshop with Tom Sears and Leslie Foley. Cedar Valley Grange. Classes from 10 a.m.–12 p.m. and 1:30–3:30 p.m., with 1 hour of free dancing from 3:30–4:30 p.m.
- 9/24 (Tacoma) Scandinavian Dance with Sons of Norway. 7–10:30 p.m. Music by Skandia Kapell. Learn or review waltz plus variations with Jennifer Roach at 7 p.m. Dance, 8–10:30 p.m. Scandinavi- an couple dances. Circle and mixer dances re- viewed. No partner needed. Normanna Hall, 1106 S. 15th St. (corner of S.15th and M L King St. Tacoma). $10 for adults. $7 for Sons of Norway Lodge #2 members ($10 for Lodge #2 couples). $5 for nondancers. Students free. Info (253) 759-3731 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 10/8–9 (Seattle) Nordic Fiddlers Bloc comes to the Seattle area.
- 10/15 (Seattle) Skandia Ball, 6–11 p.m., at the Latvian Center, 11710 3rd Ave NE, Seattle, WA.
- 10/31 (Portland) Norske Runddansere Scandinavian Folk Dance with live music by Fossegrimen. $5 listening; $8 dancing members; $12 dancing non- members; families=2 adult fees. 7:30–10 p.m., Nordia House, 8800 SW Oleson Rd., Portland, OR 97223. Info: www.norskerunddansere.org.
- 11/7 (Portland) Norske Runddansere hambo work- shop. 7:30–10 p.m. (warm-up, 7–7:30; lesson, 7:30–8:30). Nordia House, 8800 SW Oleson Rd., Portland, OR 97223. $5 drop-ins; $60 pro-rated annual membership. Focused workshop, plus practice throughout the evening. No partner necessary, please wear indoor, low-heeled, soft soled shoes. Website: www.norskerunddansere.org.
- 11/24–27 Southern California Skandia Festival 2016, featuring Britt-Mari Westholm and Bengt Mård, teaching dances from Western Dalarna and elsewhere in Sweden, and Anders Almlöf and Mattias Helje, musicians and music teachers. $350. Info: Darlene.L.Martin@gmail.com or (562) 253-9282; or email@example.com or (714) 893-8888.
Email Scandinavian events items to firstname.lastname@example.org, or send by surface mail (typed only ) to Kathy D. Bruni, Skandia Newsletter, 14805 NE 177th St., Woodinville, WA 98072-6223. Items for the October issue must arrive by 10 September. Please include date, time, cost, location, contact phone number, and/or email address. For changes or updates to web site items please email the Skandia Webmaster. Priority is given to local Scandinavian dance and music events