- Sundays (Port Angeles) Regular Sunday dance. Scandinavian and ballroom dancing Sundays, 7–9 p.m. Scandia Hall at 131 W 5th St., Port Angeles, WA. Donations taken at the door. Info: Sandy or Paul, (360) 457-7035 or email@example.com.
- Mondays (Poulsbo) Scandinavian dance instruction at
the Sons of Norway hall, 18891 Front St., Poulsbo.
7–9 p.m.; $3 per session; partners not required.
Party dance Monday, March 20, 7–9 p.m. Burn off winter sloth and calories with a hambo or polka mixer! And don’t forget to bring your dance shoes. Info: Julie at (360) 394-9698 or Laurel at (360) 876-8907.
- Mondays (Portland) Norske Runddansere Scandinavian Folkdance. Couple and circle dances and lively mixers from all five Scandinavian countries, at
Scandinavian Heritage Foundation’s Nordia House, 8800 SW Oleson Rd., Portland, OR. $4; first dance free, and free for students; $50 for annual member- ship. Everyone is welcome! Please bring separateindoor dancing shoes. Lessons every Monday, 7:30–8:30 p.m., fall–spring. Open request dance year-round. Info: Newgards, (503) 636-7509, firstname.lastname@example.org, or www.norskerunddansere.org.
- Wednesdays, (Burnaby, B.C.) Scandinavian dance. Weekly teaching & request dancing to recorded music, September–April, with time off around Christmas. Scandinavian Community Centre, 6540 Thomas St., 7:30–10 p.m., $8. Second Wednesdays are live music nights at an alternate location; see www.vcn.bc.ca/scandi for venue and details. Info: Judith, (604) 526-4722 or email@example.com.
- 2/25 (Tacoma) Scandinavian Dance with Sons of Norway, 7–10:30 p.m. Music by Folk Voice Band. Review dances taught earlier in the season (waltz, mazurka, and schottische variations) with Jennifer Roach at 7 p.m. Dance, 8–10:30 p.m. Scandinavian couple dances. Circle and mixer dances reviewed. No partner needed. Normanna Hall, 1106 S. 15th St. (corner of S.15th and M L King St. Tacoma). $10 for adults. $7 for Sons of Norway Lodge #2 members ($10 for Lodge #2 couples). $5 for nondancers. Students, free. Info: (253) 759-3731 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 2/26 (Mount Vernon) Fourth Sunday Scandinavian dance at the VASA lodge in Mount Vernon,
1805 Cleveland Ave, 2–5 p.m. Live music by the Sammenspil band. Info: (360) 941-2944.
- 3/5 (Seattle) Swedish Pancake Breakfast, 8 a.m.–1 p.m. Live music, plus dancing and authentic Swedish pancakes, with ham and lingonberries. Guests, $9; Blue Card Club members, $7; children ages 5–12, $5. Stay afterward for genealogy in our lobby. Swedish Cultural Center, 1920 Dexter Ave N.
- 3/10 (Seattle) Scandinavian Folk Dance at the Swedish Club, 1920 Dexter Ave N, Seattle, WA. There will be a quick dance lesson at 7:30, with live music at 8 p.m. Join us. Info: email@example.com.
- 3/11 (Bothell) Norwegian Heritage Day, 10 a.m.–3 p.m., Bothell Sons of Norway, 23905 Bothell-Everett Hwy. Viking long house, craft demonstrations, and more. Lunch available for purchase. Performances by Barneleikarringen. Info: (425) 485-9085 or www.bothellsonsofnorway.org.
- 3/18 (Vancouver, BC., Canada) Spring Equinox Ball.
Our annual ball will be held at the KinVillage Community Centre, Tsawwassen. Music by Sammenspil, Gammel Dansk, and Skolkis. More info and registration at www.vcn.bc.ca/scandi.
- 3/18 (Seattle) Tastes of Norway/Norwegian Cultural & Heritage Day, 10 a.m.–3:30 p.m., Leif Erikson Hall, 2245 NW 57th. Info: leiferiksonlodge.com.
- 3/24–26 Boulder 2017 Spring Scandinavian Dance Weekend.
Learn to dance the Hallingspringar at the Avalon Ball- room in Boulder, CO. Guest dancers: Sigrunn Bæra Svenkerud, and Geir Helge Espeseth. Guest fiddler: Arne Anderdal. Presented by the Boulder Scandinavian Dancers. Info: Sheila, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 3/25 (Tacoma) Scandinavian Dance with Sons of Norway, 7–10:30 p.m. Music by Seattle Spel- manslag. Judy Patterson and Jerry Walsh will teach and review hambo at 7 p.m. Dance, 8–10:30 p.m. Scandinavian couple dances. Circle and mix- er dances reviewed. No partner needed. Normanna Hall, 1106 S. 15th St. (corner of S.15th and M L King St., Tacoma). $10 for adults. $7 for Sons of Norway Lodge #2 members ($10 for Lodge #2 couples). $5 for nondancers. Students, free. Info: (253) 759-3731 or email@example.com.
- 3/26 (Mount Vernon) Fourth Sunday Scandinavian dance at the VASA lodge in Mount Vernon, 1805 Cleveland Ave, 2–5 p.m. Live music by Dansaspel. Info: (360) 941-2944.
- 3/31–4/2(Folklore Village, WI) Hallingspringar Dance and Music Weekend. Info: folklorevillage.com/ t1/calendar#Festivals.
- 4/14–17 (Seabeck, WA) Springdans Northwest dance camp. Teaching will be two Swedish dance experts and four Jämtland musicians. Info: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 4/23 (Mount Vernon, WA) Fourth Sunday Scandinavian dance at the VASA lodge in Mount Vernon, 1805 Cleveland Ave, 2–5 p.m.
- 6/10–17 (Mendocino Woodlands, CA) Scandia Camp Mendocino. Classes in dance, music, and sing- ing, plus daily evening dance parties with live music and great food. Info:www.scandiacampmendocino.org.
- 6/23–25 (Corbett, OR) Danish-American Cultural Retreat,
Menucha Retreat Ctr. Info: northwestdanish.org/dacr.
- 6/25–7/2( Littleton, NH) Nordic Fiddles and Feet, at Camp Ogontz. Info: nordicfiddlesandfeet.org.
- 8/18–20 (Fort Worden, WA) Norsk Folkedans Stemne with BUL Ervingen from Bergen. Info: www.seattlestemne.org.
- 9/2 (Clearview, WA) Northwest Spelmansstämma.
Email Scandinavian events items to email@example.com, or send by surface mail (typed only ) to Kathy D. Bruni, Skandia Newsletter, 14805 NE 177th St., Woodinville, WA 98072-6223. Items for the April issue must arrive by 10 March. Please include date, time, cost, location, contact phone number, and/or email address. For changes or updates to web site items please email the Skandia Webmaster. Priority is given to local Scandinavian dance and music events