- Sundays (Port Angeles) Regular Sunday dance. Scandinavian and ballroom dancing Sundays, 7–9 p.m. Scandia Hall at 131 W 5th St., Port Angeles, WA. Donations taken at the door. Info: Sandy or Paul, (360) 457-7035 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Mondays (Poulsbo) Scandinavian dance instruction,
Sons of Norway Hall, 18891 Front St. Every
Monday at 7 p.m., you can (re-)learn how to
schottish, polka, and snoa, then continue dancing until 9 p.m. Donation $3; partners not required. Third Monday dance party on January 19, 7 p.m. Bring your dance shoes, good cheer, and a treat to share. Info: Julie (360) 394-9698; Laurel (360) 876-8907.
- Wednesdays (Burnaby, B.C.) Weekly teaching & request dancing to recorded music, Scandinavian Community Centre, 6540 Thomas St. 7:30–10 p.m., $8. Second Wednesdays are live music nights at an alternate location; see www.vcn.bc.ca/scandi for venue and details. Info: Wendy Cutler, email@example.com.
- 12/20 (Oregon) Norske Runddansere’s Snoball at
the Mazama Lodge on Mt. Hood, featuring live folk music by Hale Bill and the Bopps and
Scandinavian folk dancing. Must pre-register. Glögg, 3:30 p.m.; dinner, 5 p.m.; live music dance, 7:30 p.m.; after-party jam, 11 p.m. to? Most
people stay overnight at the lodge, but it is not required. Info: www.norskerunddansere.org or (503) 636-7509.
- 12/27 (Tacoma) Mountaineers Scandinavian Dance, 7–10:30 p.m. Christmas/New Year’s Dance.
Music by North and South (Martha Levenson and Leslie Foley, plus their students). Learn or review Mellparing with Larry Reinert at 7 p.m. Dance,
8–10:30 p.m. Circle and mixer dances reviewed. No partner needed. Non-Mountaineers welcome. Normanna Hall, 1106 S. 15th St. (corner of 15th and M L King St. Tacoma) $10 for adults; $5 for students and non-dancers. Info: (253) 759-3731 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1/4 (Seattle) Swedish Pancakes. Live music and dancing, plus authentic Swedish pancakes, lingonberries, ham, and all the right fixin’s. Music by Spelmanslag, Folk Voice Band and Sprida Ut. $9; club members, $7; children 5–12, $5. 8 a.m.–1:30 p.m. Swedish Cultural Ctr., 1920 Dexter Ave. N.
- 1/11 (Seattle) Norwegian Rørospols Music Workshop. Fiddler Bill Boyd will teach tunes and styling for Rørospols, a couple dance from Røros, Norway. All Skandia musicians interested in learning about this unique music/dance style are invited to attend. Hosted by the Seattle Skandia Spelmanslag, 7–9 p.m., Swedish Club, 1920 Dexter Ave. N., Seattle. $15 donation suggested. Bring recording device. Questions? Email: email@example.com.
- 1/12 (Portlalnd) Norkse Runddansere’s Annual Knut Dance. 7:30–10 p.m. Featuring live Scandinavian folk music from Fossegrimmen. Polish Hall, 3832 N. Interstate Ave, Portland, OR, 97227. members, $8; nonmembers, $12. Folk costumes encouraged but not required. Bring finger foods to share, and help dance the old tree out!
- 1/24 (Tacoma) Mountaineers Scandinavian Dance. 7–10:30 p.m. Liven up winter with the music of Lilla Spelmanslag and Skolkis. Learn or review gammalpolksa with Judy Patterson and Jerry Walsh at 7 p.m. Dance, 8–10:30 p.m. Circle and mixer dances reviewed. No partner needed. Non-Mountaineers welcome. Normanna Hall, 1106 S. 15th St. (corner of 15th and M L King St., Tacoma. $10 for adults. $5 for students and non-dancers. Info: (253) 759-3731 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 1/25 (Mount Vernon) Fourth Sunday Scandinavian dance at the VASA lodge in Mount Vernon, 1805 Cleveland Ave, 2–5 p.m. CD music. Info: email@example.com.
- 2/22 (Mount Vernon) Fourth Sunday Scandinavian dance at the VASA lodge in Mount Vernon, 1805 Cleveland Ave, 2–5 p.m. Live music by the
Gammel Dansk Folkdance Band of Vancouver, B.C. Info: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 3/21/2015 (Vancouver, B.C.) Spring Equinox Ball.
The Scandinavian Dancers of Vancouver, B.C., present our fabulous annual dinner/dance evening. KinVillage Community Centre, 5410 - 10th
Avenue, Tsawwassen, B.C., 6 p.m. to midnight.
- 4/17–20 (Seabeck, WA) Springdans Northwest will feature Finnskogspols and Slängpolska. Application at www.skandia-folkdance.org.
- 10/17 (Seattle) Skandia Ball, Latvian Center, 11710 3rd Ave. NE
Email Scandinavian events items to email@example.com, or send by surface mail (typed only ) to Kathy D. Bruni, Skandia Newsletter, 14805 NE 177th St., Woodinville, WA 98072-6223. Items for the February issue must arrive by 10 January. Please include date, time, cost, location, contact phone number, and/or email address. For changes or updates to web site items please email the Skandia Webmaster. Priority is given to local Scandinavian dance and music events